Do you have a passion for delivering a modern learning experience? Are you looking for your next challenge with an association that is in growth mode? Our opportunity is the kind that doesn’t come around very often.
NIGP is on the hunt for an experienced Events & Programs Manager to join our Content Delivery team.
A talented professional to join our dynamic group of professionals that will be deeply dedicated to advancing our members profession. While work experience and educational preparation are certainly important, we don’t just hire the best resumes, we hire talented individuals that are a great fit for our culture and values first.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, with a project manager focus and be inclined to be disruptive and visionary. An individual that brings with them new ideas and are not afraid to lead us to success.
Our Events & Programs Manager supports the strategic direction of the Institute in planning, organizing, and managing NIGPs in-person and virtual educational events and programs. This position ensures events and programs are cutting edge, successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints through effective project management. The ability to bring new ideas that increase attendance and enhance the overall educational experience is critical.
NIGP is currently working remote, with in-person meetings in our Herndon offices as needed. As of August 2023, this position will be 100% remote. Except for in-person meetings with the team as well as our annual Forum.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Participate in setting the overall strategy for the Institute’s events and programs. This strategy will deliver on a vision that pushes the limits of what is possible, delivering experiences that exceed expectations.
- Serve as project manager for all events (in-person, virtual, and hybrid) which involves, but is not limited to, developing project timelines and managing cross functional teams using NIGP’s project management philosophy to ensure successful outcomes.
- Plans and executes virtual, hybrid and in-person events based on overall event strategy
- Collaborates with Content Development team and Content Management Committee for content collection and selection, including session and speaker management
- Works collaboratively with the events delivery team to manage workloads, and provide training as necessary to develop a stronger, fully functioning team
- Assists with overall site selection process for in-person events
- Manage event logistics pre-event and on-site/during event by:
- Developing event schedules
- Managing housing/room blocks for in-person meetings,
- Managing logistics, whether in-person, virtual, or hybrid,
- Managing and overseeing registration.
- Manage virtual and hybrid logistics, including but not limited to platform vendor management, content recording, speaker management
- Manage project budgets
- Collaborate with marketing and relevant project teams to ensure the successful promotion of events and ensure timely and relevant content to achieve registration numbers.
- Manage contractor relationships, ensuring successful and timely deliverables.
- Conduct training, as appropriate, for speakers, volunteers, staff, etc. who are assigned to participate in events.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by identifying challenges and proactively seeking solutions.
- Analyze each event’s success and prepare reports illustrating successes and areas of improvement.
- Keep abreast of new technologies that elevate the overall event experience and make recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
- Participate in cross-functional teams as requested by the department Director, or Institute executive team.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Director, or Institute executive team.
Your Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of meeting and event planning for virtual, hybrid, and in-person environments.
- Experience with virtual platforms, mobile apps and abstract management systems
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Proficient in standard office software, including MS Office, NetForum, or similar membership database, and Smartsheet, or similar project management software.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills required to give direction and guidance to individuals involved in planning and executing assignments.
- Good judgement and effective decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work non-standard hours and travel on NIGP business as necessary to accommodate NIGP’s event schedule.
Your Minimum Qualifications are:
- Four-year degree (Will consider experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in face-to-face meeting/conference/expo planning
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in virtual/hybrid conference/expo planning
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in leading project management and cross team collaboration
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) and/or Digital Event Strategist (DES) preferred
This position is currently remote with occasional in-person meetings in our Herndon offices and our annual Forum. Employees local to the Herndon area still have the use of our offices. It will be 100% beginning August 2023 when we transition to 100% remote.
NIGP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EOE M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.