Skadden is looking for a Conference Services Assistant. This position will be responsible for scheduling, confirming, and the execution of all in-house meetings and events booked in the Firm's conference center. Provides support for off-site and virtual meetings. Additionally, this position is:
- Responsible for scheduling, confirming, and the execution of all in-house meetings and events booked in the Firm's conference center.
- Makes arrangements with Food Services, Facilities Management and other departments to ensure that all requests for space, food, equipment and other requested services are provided seamlessly.
- Communicates with internal and external customers via email, in-person and on the phone.
- Assists with coordinating and monitoring on-site, off-site, and virtual events.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, attorneys, staff, and other internal customers.
- Helps build relationships with, and maintain databases for, service providers (hotels, event venues, restaurants, florists, etc.).
- May be required to assist with conference room setups, moving chairs, tables, podiums, etc..
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.