Who we are: The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $422 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 18 million U.S. jobs. CTA has more than 1400 members which range from large, global technology brands to small, innovative start-ups as well as numerous suppliers, partners and vendors to the industry. CTA members determine tech standards, shape the industry’s stance on policy issues, and work together to create a world that is better because of technology. CTA owns and produces CES®.
CES® is the most influential tech event in the world – the proving ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators. This is an opportunity to join the team responsible to creating this exciting event. If you love technology, CTA give you a front row seat for the world’s best tech breakthroughs.
Summary of the position: Responsible for pre-event planning and onsite management for the CES conference program— CES® is the most influential tech event in the world – the proving ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators. This is an opportunity to join the team responsible for creating this exciting event and to plan the digital and in-person aspects of the conference program. If you love technology, CTA gives you a front row seat for the world’s best tech breakthroughs.
Critical duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the CES Conference program:
- Manage contracting and relationships with vendors and serve as dedicated point of contact for vendor communication to drive deliverables.
- Oversee CES conference logistics at dedicated venues including floor plans, room sets, audio/visual, catering, signage, temporary staffing management, registration orders, Speaker Ready Rooms and on-site troubleshooting.
- Partner with marketing to develop CES marketing materials and marketing plans.
- Manage the CTA’s financial partner investment, including vendor RFPs, selection, contracting, invoice approval and post-show invoice allocation.
- Independently manage on-site venues at CES, including training temps and consultants and manage vendors, show management professionals and partners.
- Become fluent in digital event platforms and launch and manage digital events as needed.
- Support CTA events as needed including event registration, digital event set-up, identifying and contracting with vendors, audio visual and food and beverage orders, and project management as needed. On-site support may be required.
- Travel to CES in January. Additional travel may be required (to event sites) as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required by business need.