Primary roles are to promote and sell Louisville as a destination for conventions and tradeshows by soliciting accounts in the Trade Business and Commercial Market. The Director will play a leadership role at large for the department and support the Sr. VP of Convention Development. Responsible for achieving individual sales goals annually, consisting of room nights booked, number of bookings and team effort.
In addition to achieving individual sales goals, the Director will be responsible for training and directing three (3) Sales Mangers in all matters pertaining to Convention Sales and in other projects and duties as assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for booking an annual quota ranging from 75,000 to 100,000 hotel room nights
- Lead & attend trade shows and industry events that generate bookings in market segment.
- Develop and foster hotel and facility relationships.
- Directly manage three (3) Sales Mangers and
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings to discuss activity level, lead production, progress toward quarterly and annual goals.
- Provide ongoing training for site visit protocol and all other procedures as it pertains to convention development.
- Responsible for assigning market segments that are not listed in Associations Unlimited.
- Responsible for development and management of budget.
- Responsible for biannual reviews.
- Responsible for signing off on booking verifications, expense reports and gift order forms.
- Provide support to the Senior VP of Convention Development Department.
- Leadership and back up to the Senior VP of Convention Development on department’s daily operations
- Attend and run Sales & Services meetings.
- Attend and run weekly sales meeting when Senior VP is unable to attend.
- Support Senior VP of Convention Development Department when hosting industry shows.
- Train new hires in convention development
- Sales administrative responsibilities, including prospecting, solicitation of accounts, lead generation, proposal preparation, conduct site visits and maintain database
- Strong presence in the Trade Business Market. At least (5) years of experience handling this market.
- Must have experience in citywide sales.
- Proven record of sales ability, creative sales initiative, and lead generation.
- Experience in managing sales production and special projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a friendly and positive manner internally as well as externally.
- Sales skills in both written and oral, mathematical aptitude.
- Computer knowledge and skills.
- Proficient in various software platforms, SimpleView, Cvent, MINT and other sales related software.
- Identify and develop key convention accounts.
- Attention to detail.
- Appropriate and timely follow-through on assignments.
- Understanding of sales methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Trade Business Market and handling this market: 5 years (Preferred)
- citywide sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- managing sales production and special projects: 5 years (Preferred)
- managing staff: 5 years (Preferred)